January 20, 2013
First-half lethargy has become a nasty habit for Steve Clarke’s side recently, but well done to Villa for taking advantage – here are some statistics from yesterday’s derby game at The Hawthorns.
– Gabby Agbonlahor had 37 touches of the ball, and maintained a pass accuracy of 93%.
– Before being substituted in the 36th minute, Claudio Yacob had completed 100% of his passes.
– Gareth McAuley led West Brom in both interceptions (4) and successful tackles (3).
– Matthew Lowton made more clearances than any other Aston Villa player (9).
– Christian Benteke won a staggering 16 aerial duels during the game.
– Charles N’Zogbia completed more successful dribbles than any player on either side (5).
– However, N’Zogbia was also dispossessed more than any other player (4).
– Peter Odemwingie had more shots than anybody else (7).
– 57% of all Villa’s attacking play went down their left-hand side.
– West Brom out-shot their visitors 29-15.
– West Brom played a total 420 passes compared to Villa’s 313.
– 59% of all the shots taken by the home side came from outside of the box.
– 67% of Villa’s attempts came from inside the penalty box.