If you were at White Hart Lane yesterday, you’re probably ill in bed and off-work, so here are some statistics from the 1-1 draw to pass the time:
– Michael Carrick made twice as many successful tackles as any other player on the pitch (6).
– Scott Parker made a game-high 5 interceptions.
– Of the seven shots Gareth Bale took in the game, only one was on-target.
– In his 62 minutes on the pitch, Shinji Kagawa had a pass-success rate of 93%.
– Tom Cleverley attempted 2 crosses, of which one was accurate and led to Robin van Persie’s goal.
– Danny Welbeck completed three successful dribbles (team high), whilst Gareth Bale, Mousa Dembele, and Aaron Lennon all achieved the same number for Tottenham.
– Tottenham out-shot Manchester United by 25 attempts to 5.
– No player was dispossessed more than Mousa Dembele (4).
– No starting player had more touches of the ball than Phil Jones (77), and no starting player had fewer than Jermain Defoe (18).
– Aaron Lennon made more key passes than any player on the pitch (6).
– 68% of Tottenham’s attempts on goal came from outside the box.
– Tottenham attempted 36 crosses in comparison to United’s 17.
– Both sides recorded almost identical numbers of short passes (337 vs 335).
– Both sides had an average successful pass streak of 4.