Short and not particularly sweet.
It never really got going for Nuri Sahin on Merseyside, and there’s a nagging doubt over whether Brendan Rodgers accommodated the talented Turk properly. This, after all, is a former Bundesliga player of the year.
It’s all incidental though, Sahin has completed a move from Real Madrid back to Borussia Dortmund today, and his loan spell at Liverpool has subsequently ended.
Anyway, here are some numbers from his time in the Premier League:
– Sahin made 7 appearances for Liverpool, contributing one goal and one assist.
– He had a pass completion percentage of 82.5%, making an average of 40 passes per game. Of those, 1.4/game were accurate long balls.
– On average, he won 1.7 aerial battles per game.
– Across those seven games, he averaged 1.4 tackles and 2 interceptions per appearance.
– He was dispossessed on average once per game.
– He had 8 shots in total, at an average of 1.1/game.