December 19, 2012
No opinions this time, just a quick look at some of the individual and team numbers which Liverpool have put together in the first half of the season.
So, in no particular order…
– Liverpool, on average, perform 20.2 tackles per Premier League game, which has them joint 9th amongst all teams.
– The side also manages 12.6 interceptions per fixture, fourteenth in the Premier League. Interestingly though, that figure ranks them above both Manchester clubs.
– Liverpool have more shots on target per game (19) than any other club in the top flight.
– The team, cumulatively, attempt 10.9 dribbles per game.
– Joe Allen has completed 1023 of 1127 passes attempted this season (90.8%). By way of comparison, Steven Gerrard has completed 85.7% of passes attempted.
– Luis Suarez has scored 10 Premier League goals, leaving him fourth on the top-scorers list. The Uruguayan also has more shots per game than other player in the league (6).
– Raheem Sterling is dispossessed more times per game than any other Premier League player (3.4). However, he also completes more dribbles (2.4) per game than any of his teammates. Interestingly, Glen Johnson is second on that list of Liverpool players with 1.6.
– Sterling is the third-most fouled player in England, impeded on average 2.6 times a game.
– Steven Gerrard has provided more assists this season (3) than any of his teammates, but the club do not have a single player within the top 20 of that list.
– Gerrard also provides more accurate crosses per game than any other Liverpool player (1.6). For the record, that’s the same number as provided on average by Gareth Bale and Samir Nasri. Liverpool’s captain also leads his side in successful through and long balls.
– Martin Skrtel makes 6.9 defensive clearances per game.
– Joe Allen is beaten 1.5 times by dribbling opponents per game, third most in the Premier League.